Cheatgrass Treatment Workshop
September 13 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm MDT
Cheatgrass is an annual invasive grass, and its range is expanding in the Gunnison Basin. This plant increases wildfire frequency, reduces forage for livestock and big game, and reduces the quality of wildlife habitat.
If you want to learn how to control this plant on your land, please join us this FREE informational workshop on cheatgrass ecology and management!
Topics will include:
- Cheatgrass identification
- Impacts of grazing on cheatgrass
- Impacts of cheatgrass on fire
- Treatment options
- Reducing the spread
- Other weeds to treat
- How to calibrate equipment
- Public-private treatment collaboration
Cost is FREE but RSVP required. Lunch will be provided!
Please bring your own spraying equipment to calibrate.
Click here to download an Information Sheet about Cheatgrass.
- Gunnison County Fairgrounds, Fred Field Heritage Center
- Room: Van Tuyl Room
- September 13, 2019, 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- For more information or to RSVP, contact :
Aleshia Rummel (970) 707-3044 ; [email protected]
or Marcella Tarantino (970) 707-3049; [email protected]
This workshop is offered in collaboration with Gunnison Conservation District.
Cheatgrass photo by Jim Kennedy via Flickr. CC by 2.0.